Saturday 20 July 2013

Install UML in Netbeans 7.3

Netbeans supported UML in 6.7 release, but in later versions, I couldn't find any of the UML plugins. Anybody knows whats the reason behind that?. Fortunately I figured out a way to integrate UML with later versions of netbeans. I have tried this approach in Netbeans 7.3 and it worked for me.
But, unfortunately, Netbeans 7.3 unable to open the diagrams which I created earlier. I have created the project and a use case diagram successfully, saved it and closed the project, After some time, I reopened the project and tried to open the use case diagram, Nebeans couldn't open the diagram at all. Now I have to fall back to Netbeans 6.9 to continue with UML.
If anyone looking for UML in latest versions of Netbeans, Please follow the below steps. But its useless.

1) Star Netbeans

2) Go to Tools-> Plugins->Settings(tab)
     and click on Add button and enter the below URL     http://dlc.sun.com.edgesuite.net/netbeans/updates/6.9/uc/m1/dev/catalog.xml

then, Click ok

3) Go to Tools-> Plugins-> Available Plugins(tab)
     Search for "UML" in search textfield at the right side corner

4) Select the UML plugin and click on install and restart netbeans


2 comments:

  1. hello!!! thanks for help! I already installed the plugin, i can make the diagrams but when i close Project and reopen where´s my diagrams??? don´t display nothing all is blank...someone can help me please? tks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What version of netbeans are you using? It works only in 6.9...You can install the plugin in all latest versions of netbeans. But after you make diagrams, you cannot re-open it. Its a bug. So, please use this plugin only in version 6.9.

      Delete